Career's at Soli
Soli Solutions is currently hiring a permanent Field Technologist / Civil Technician. SOLI is seeking an intermediate Civil Technologist. Having received a diploma in civil engineering technologies would be an asset but is not required.
The successful applicant would be stationed out of our Regina or Saskatoon office, with the ability to work from home when scheduling allows. SOLI encourages all employees to take advantage of a hybrid working model, with each employee dictating where they would like to work from. As part of the SOLI team, the successful candidate will be mentored by a team of senior engineers, technologists, and project managers. This role will require an individual with strong interpersonal, leadership, and time management skills.
Responsibilities will include providing engineering services on construction sites at a variety of projects across the province. Specific responsibilities include:
· Performing RTK GPS surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking as required on projects.
· Leading projects such as culvert installations, intersection treatments, grading and surfacing projects as the onsite supervisor or resident quality supervisor.
· Providing contractor and construction supervision and contract interpretation.
· Conducting field and lab material testing (aggregate, soils) with an emphasis on accuracy and timely submission of results.
· Performing project management duties which includes communicating with client project managers and contractors’ staff regarding the contract requirements.
· Writing reports and providing interpretation of contract documents and test results.
o Knowledge of Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways Construction practices is considered an asset.
· Performing financial reporting as required by senior managers and clients.
· Contributing to a positive safety culture.
· Other tasks as required